Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Literature Group Meeting # 1

"The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is not only amusing to read as an individual but even more fun to discuss in a group. We could all relate to different scenarios Greg had been in throughout the story, whether it was the bully, the nerdy/weird kid down the street, or his two obnoxious brothers. I was also able to learn a lot about the story that I didn't pick up when I read it by myself. One of the guys in my group made a good point about the back of the story where it claimed that it would almost bypass "Harry Potter." We discussed this for awhile, and came to the conclusion that the "Harry Potter" books will never be passed in favor from "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Although the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is a great book, we have yet to find any problem or pointed out scenario in the story. It tells of Greg's day to day problems but each of them are never worked out in the end. We still have half the story to read so I guess we will see if something comes up. We predict he will go to Military School but thats not for sure a definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment